New Recurring Character for Series 8

The BBC have announced that actor Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Gavin & Stacey) will play a "recurring" character in Doctor Who Series 8 - click on the picture included here for a bigger version.

Anderson has been cast as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where Clara also teaches (as revealed in The Day of the Doctor). Speaking about his role, he said:
"I was so excited to join Doctor Who I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started! It’s a quintessential part of British culture and I can’t believe I’m part of it. It’s an honour to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can’t wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!"
Also announced are some new names for upcoming stories. Episode 4 will star Robert Goodman (Game of Thrones) whilst Episode 5 will see Jonathan Bailey (Broadchurch), and Pippa Bennett-Warner (Death in Paradise) join the cast.

Blogtor's Guide to Doctor Who Series 8

Labels: , , , , , , , ,